Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Indians, here we come.


We've swept the Angels to cliam our spot in the American League Championship Series. Our next conquest: the Cleveland Indians. I have to say, it was a toss up for me between the Yankees or the Indians to win their series. On one hand, I would love to play the Yankees just to further the rivalry, and how better to win a championship than to sit the Yankees down. But on the other hand, I'm sick of playing them. Yes, it's the greatest rivalry in sports, but we play them about 20 times a season. Not to mention, we've already proved our point on the issue. We've already defeated the Yankees in a postseason for the ALCS title (CHOKE!!). So, I am looking forward to playing the Indians. Not to say that they are any less of a team, they have been on fire. They certainly won the series, as opposed to the Yankees losing. Their pitching has been "lights out," and their bats have been swinging. I just hope that the Red Sox can keep up the momentum that they have had throughout the postseason thus far.

Friday, 7:30 p.m., the first game of the ALCS begins with a pitching match-up to watch for. Beckett vs. Sabathia. It's going to be a tough series, but I have a good feeling that the Red Sox can pull it out.

GO SOX!

No comments: