Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Career? A personal reflection.


So, the baseball season is over for now, so for the next few weeks I will have to find something new to talk about. My professor has instructed the class to use these blogs as something that could be useful to us in our future careers. This is definitely a great idea, but, um, I discovered that I really don't have a clue as to what I would like to do with myself after college. I'm in the Professional Communications major, but to be honest I'm really not sure where that will take me either. I just feel like the major is taking me to a place I would like to be other than any other major. I have always been a really good student, all around. I view this as a good thing, but also I feel that no particular subject has pulled me toward any definite direction. How do students know exactly what job they'd like to do? I guess some people are just born with a sense of direction, and some aren't so lucky. So, my plan from here on out is to continue to be a good student, and hope that something jumps out at me. Well, maybe I will have to put in a little more effort than that, but there's one thing that I do know for sure: I definitely do not want to be a bartender for the rest of my life. Some people like it and can make a great living off of it, but to me, it's not worth the stress, and I need to explore other avenues in order to be happy. I feel that I've worked too hard to settle. Wish me luck!

No comments: